Thursday, January 5, 2012

Serbia symposium - part IV

Hi everyone!

Okay, it was tuesday, right? So, in the evening was the cultural evening. We went early to the faculty to prepare our stands. 

Every country introduced their faculties, studies etc. We Finns had an easy task, because we only have one faculty of veterinary medicine. It was so weird to compare our school with others, for example the UK has five faculties, Poland too as far as I remember and everyone seems to have plenty. It's just us and Norway, who have only one in the hole country. 

Another thing that is different is, that we only have 70 students per year. Most others I talked with, have more than hundred students per year. That's a lot. I mean, I just don't believe that education can be efficient, if you have so many students..Well, however... 

After a while people started to prepare their food and drinks. You see, the idea of the cultural evening is, that everyone bring something to eat and/or drink from their country. Then you can go around and taste flavours from all over the world! :) 

The french stand was EXCLLENT! ;) 
 At first I thought I was in heaven. Sooo much sweeties and jummy stuff! Sooo much to taste, so much new tastes! Jummy, slurps, jei! BUT... It took only a short while, then I was feeling so ill after all that sweet stuff I had to take a break, haha :D I'm such a greedy little pig, you know! :)

Germany
Just look at those pictures above! These are just a tiny little part of what there was offered! I mean, of course I have to taste every single dish and drinks too, that's for granded! :D We had really funny till late the night... 

The other day however came way too soon and the wake up call at 6.00 am. didn't actually warm up my mind. I was feeling like in coma. Do you know that feeling, when you have slept waaaaaay too little and your brain just isn't functioning properly, your cordination is completely lost and you feel like in a 1.5 promille dunkenness anyway? Haha, welcome to IVSA! 

We went again to the faculty for some workshops. First in the morning I had some milk hygiene


After a short lecture we went in the lab for some tests. Unfortunately we had too little time, so we didn't do very much after all... 


After lunch and some turkish coffee I continued to the patology workshop. That was interesting. I have never seen any obduction, so I liked to have offered this opportunity. By the way, during this trip I completely fell in love with turkish coffee! It beats the finnish sewage brew they call coffee here easily!!


We didn't actually get to do a lot by ourselves, but it was interesting to watch as well. The professor explained carefully what he was doing, what pathological changes he could see and what those could refer to. Finally he told us, what conclusion he could draw from the changes and what is the possible cause of death. 

I'm sorry not to have more pictures this time, I know how boring it is to read such plain text. I forgot my camera at the hostel the whole day, so ...


Oh, by the way I forgot to mention the silent auction. My memory has let me down, I'm not sure if it was monday or tuesday (or something completely different). However. Everyone brought diverse stuff from their faculty/country to sell on the auction. The small objects were sold at the silent auction, that means everything was on a table. Next to the items was a piece of paper, where you could write down your bet. Whoever bet the most got the item. We had half an hour time to walk around, look at the items and make offers. I bought a t-shirt, some baking gloves and a memory stick. 


The most valuable items in turn were sold at the live auction. It was held wednesday evening at the same place the "all you can drink" -party took place. Most of the items were different kinds of drinks and some books as well. I soon noticed that all the prices acended far beyond my bank account, so I didn't buy anything today. It was fun though to listen to selling speeches and watch people offering higher and higher :) The money collected from both the auctions by the way is going in charity, so it is just positive to bid high ;)

So, this is it for today. I'm starving now. Is it just me or do I have the feeling I'm repeating myself? ;) Anyway, arrivedercy for today! x

No comments:

Post a Comment