Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Serbia symposium - part III

Hi again! Where was I the last time?

Oh yes, we were in the bus travelling back to Belgrade. Well, after the troop had split up into the three hostels, we had some time to relax. For tonight there was a club reserved just for us IVSA-people, but I decided to stay back at the hostel and have a chill evening. The dumb bacteria or whatever it was still causing me trouble :(

Well, the combination of a good night sleep and a small overdosis of ibuprofein worked and the following morning I felt like a new person again and the adventure might continue ;)

First in the morning we visited a huge farm. It really was huge, I think it was one of the biggest in Europe as a matter of fact. I have to admit, I don't remember any numbers. Though I shouldn't mention numbers and names anyway and by the way, I didn't publish these photos below either. Don't tell anyone.


The stables were huge and there were many of them. 


 

... and the milking carusel was cool! I have never seen any, let alone a big one like this: 


The cows enter on the one side, then the carusel turns around and after one turn the milking is ready and the cows are ready to leave. The cows are standing above the personel, so the people handling the milking machines don't have to bow or kneel down.

                                   

After a lecture of the farm we just walked around looking at the large surrounding area. I think our visit will be remembered - we were a noisy and happy group of students, believe me! :) 


Well, the trip continued and soon we arrived to the monastry of Hopovo. I have never seen such a place. In the middle was a church and around it the monk's apartments.

Apartments of the monks.

Part of the church. 

Inside the church.
About 84% of the Serbians are orthodox, by the way. According to the beloved wikipedia. Anyway, in the programme was sceduled a visit to the city of Novi Sad. Because it was raining and everyone was dying for a hot cup of coffee (me) / tea (the real british) or a big, cold beer (the others?) , we changed plans and went straight on to the nearest restaurant. 

Novi Sad

We were sitting there until dark and that was pretty okay for me :) 

That day went quick, but hold on, it wasn't finished yet! In the evening back in Belgrade it was - surprise, surprise - party night again. This time it was called "all you can drink party". Need I tell more? Well, maybe I just remind you, what happens in IVSA stays in IVSA, right? ;) 

The following morning some of our hostel decided to organize an "all you can sleep morning", which sound like a really good idea. I was well mooded though, so I went to the Belgrade sightseeing tour. 


Some house near the river.

The fortess of Belgrade


Later in the afternoon we went to see some museums depending on intrests. I went to the museum of Yugoslavian history. Among other things I found this cute guy:

Hi! 
I'm sorry not to have more pictures about the museum. And anyway I will stop for today, I am starving. So, see you soon! Love you all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment